Monday, April 11, 2005

you name it!

Knowing the sky is blue, knowing the night is dark
Knowing the sun burns, in the love of morning
Mourning the death of day, mourning the passage of night
Lovers lie in a dream of Eden, lovers lie of a dream of Eden

Knowing life is frail, knowing it shall wither
Knowing oceans are full, of the lover’s tear
Showing despair in love of you, slowing time the love of you
You want to lie in a dream of Eden; you are lying of a dream of Eden

Knowingly lie of all that is true, tell a lie when the lie is you
Knowingly fall from a cliff of hate, into the valley of love
The valley of love crushes all that falls within,
The valley of love that kills me is you

Unwittingly tie our lives together, tie my heart to you
Unwittingly tie our lies together, the truth is born it is you
Forests burn as lightning kisses them, clouds scream in vengeance
The earth moans and heaves and sighs, there is no sight of you

Self centered our emotions are, our lovers emotions are true
In each other’s embrace we lay, in each other’s embrace we lie
Within you and I is us, within us is I and you
Within us is where we lie, you to I, I to you

We struggle writhe and scream try to keep what we have now
Our grip is like a dead man’s grip on sand, slippery all you get is few
Grains of sand stuck in your nails, you lose them as you start to chew
we burn but we never learn and start anew

5 Comments:

Blogger sarah (tales of ordinary madness) said...

brilliant poem!! there's a line in there (The earth moans and heaves and sighs, there is no sight of you) that reminds me of the 'the city in which i loved you'(http://plagiarist.com/poetry/2810/), if you like poetry, read that, it's beautiful. here's my favorite bit from it:

If I feel the night
move to disclosures or crescendos,
it's only because I'm famished
for meaning; the night
merely dissolves.

And your otherness is perfect as my death.
Your otherness exhausts me,
like looking suddenly up from here
to impossible stars fading.
Everything is punished by your absence.

another one that i love is neruda's 'i do not love you..', which your poem also reminded me of (not sure why) (an excerpt):

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

wow, i just compared your poem to two of the best poems around - take it as a BIIIIIIIG compliment!!! :)

anyway, its so good to see you back - i quit checking, because you quit updating. sorry for hogging your comment box, but i LOVE poetry (even though i am terrible at writing it).

8:10 AM  
Blogger D said...

forgive me, i dont know how to take compliments. But frankly that is the best i have ever receieved. Neruda...hmmmm i can only wonder (maybe less than what Robert Plant did). I have not read a lot of english poetry, but do recommend some stuff...my inspiration is BONO and other such people...

3:16 PM  
Blogger D said...

Also, i am a fan of T.S.Elliot.

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi...i dont know if u still check ur comments but i just fell in love with this poem...
wat appealed me the most was the helplessness alongwith this devotion for the unknown.
everything happens and is happening 'knowingly' yet we are just so much involved and expecting tht the reasoning ceases to matter.
good luck 4 the future poems... cheers!

5:06 AM  
Blogger D said...

yes i do still check the comments, thanks... and do make the visits more frequent...support is always needed...

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home